Hours of operation for this role will be Monday-Friday 5:00am-1:30pm.
This position delivers an excellent customer service experience in a dermatological office setting. Provide dermatological healthcare and perform selective procedural and medical services under the direction of a physician(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Accession paraffin cases.
· Prepare sections of human tissue for microscopic evaluation and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross, embed, section, stain, and mount tissue, from surgical procedures.
· File blocks and slides.
· Maintain all laboratory equipment.
· Log cases in the biopsy book.
· Submit any outside materials that are needed for review.
· Performs recuts and additional stains including special and IHC stains, as requested by the Pathologist.
· Calculate monthly totals for each doctor.
· Maintain QC/QA records.
· Maintain send-out log.
· Transcribe gross and print review copies.
· Maintain documentation as required by CLIA guidelines.
· Monitor inventory levels of supplies and equipment on a regular basis; order supplies for laboratory. Maintain log of supplies as they are ordered.
QualDerm Partners develops strategic dermatology practice partnerships through acquisition. Our dermatology practice management strategies help dermatologists and Mohs surgeons leverage their success. QualDerm provides the management support, capital and guidance for sustainable growth and profitability. With QualDerm, physicians get the benefit of being part of a larger, support-driven organization while preserving their clinical autonomy and practice brand.