DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under close supervision, will have diverse functions in areas of pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical Laboratory processes.
â�¢ Performs routine qualitative and quantitative clinical laboratory tests of repetitive nature on patient specimens following appropriate methodologies and established policies and procedures making specimen oriented decisions on predetermined criteria, including a working knowledge of critical values.
â�¢ Prepares and maintains accurate records of specimens received in the laboratory.
â�¢ May prepare media, stains, reagent and other solutions used in performing laboratory tests. Analyzes test results; communicates results clearly, accurately and promptly to physicians and other authorized personnel.
â�¢ Records tests results and reviews for accuracy and conformance to established quality control parameters.
â�¢ Utilizes, calibrates and maintains automated, non-automated and computerized laboratory equipment; performs quality control checks on equipment. Obtains specimens from patients such as blood and transports to laboratory.
â�¢ May perform duties of Specimen Processing in accordance with departmental safety and OSHA guidelines (e.g. utilizes protective equipment such as gloves, coats, and shields)
â�¢ Selects, uses, cleans and maintains equipment for utilization.
â�¢ Complies with established administrative lab policies and procedures. Maintains compliance with requirements of lab safety, OSHA accreditation and regulatory agencies.
â�¢ Maximizes the effective analysis and execution of tests through the efficient use of laboratory materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques.
â�¢ Demonstrates team member characteristics to work with others in a group or team to meet operational and organizational objectives.
â�¢ Employs principles and processes for providing customer and personal services to meet customer service standards.
â�¢ Committed to self-development by keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Promotes the values of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to: community welfare; quality; respect and involvement; teamwork; communication; innovation and education; and efficient and effective resource use.
1. Two-year college degree in an approved Medical Lab Technician program or equivalent.
2. Registry eligible or registered as a Medical Laboratory Technician with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, National Certifying Agency or equivalent.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and medical software preferred.
1. Ability to operate various types of automated, non-automated and computerized laboratory equipment, software and instruments, enter data, or process information.
2. Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to accomplish goals.
3. Ability to communicate professionally and clearly when interacting with members of the healthcare team, commercial clients, and patients.
4. Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with policies, procedures, standards, laws, or regulations.
5. Ability to inspect equipment, specimens, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
6. Can identify complex problems, review related information and collaborate with medical technologists, pathologists or physicians to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Job: Med Tech
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
If Other Shift, Specify: Working every other weekend and rotating holidays.
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 3:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.