Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG) is actively seeking a highly trained, patient-centric candidate who is Board Certified/Board Eligible in Obstetrics and Gynecology, AAGL fellowship-trained minimally invasive gynecologic surgeon for a full-time position to serve as the Director in the Advanced Gynecology/Pelvic Pain/Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery (MIGS) Division in the Department of Womens Health, Obstetrics & Gynecology at St. Josephs Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona.
The MIGS division is currently comprised of three full-time AAGL MIGS-fellowship trained attendings, two FMIGS fellow physicians, a full-time Physician Assist and Pelvic Physical Therapist.
The Advanced Gynecology/Pelvic Pain/Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery (MIGS) Division provides our hospital system and community with nationally recognized physicians that provide outstanding, mission-driven patient care. The division encompasses outpatient consultative services and ongoing care models, along with ambulatory surgery, inpatient services of minimally invasive surgical interventions, as well as an integrated model with our Complex Abdominal Pelvic Surgery (CAPS) Program multi-disciplinary team. Our MIGS team fully staffs our Center Placenta Accreta Spectrum (CPAS) Disorder Program. Through our academic partner at Creighton University School of Medicine--Arizona Health Education Alliance, our team provides Graduate Medical Education to our Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency and MIGS Fellowship Programs and ensures excellence in the education of trainees at all levels. Through our Dignity Health Arizona Woman and Infants Research Enterprise, we have multiple research opportunities and grants and collaborate with our Arizona State University--College of Health Solutions, partner on innovative research.
The Womens Services Division of Advanced Gynecology/Pelvic Pain/Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery (MIGS) Division, a national leader in the Phoenix and Valley Region of Arizona, offers patients with the collaborative patient centric care model and the opportunity to continue to grow the division. Our Gynecology Services at St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center are ranked 19th in the nation, by US News and World Report 2018-2019. St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center was ranked in the Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals for 2021. We are a Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) Accredited Program - Centers of Excellence for Robotic Surgery.
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. It includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, the Norton Thoracic Institute, and Center for Women's Health, Dignity Health Cancer Institute, and a Level I Trauma Center. Our 595-bed, non-profit hospital provides a wide range of health, social and support services. St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission, the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, The American College of Surgeons, the College of American Pathologists, and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. An Arizona Perinatal Trust (APT) Regional Perinatal Center, which provides Level IIIB Obstetrical Care, with approximately 5000 deliveries/year and our Level III NICU has over 80 approved beds and ECHMO. The Division works closely with Phoenix Children's Hospital, which is the fifth largest Children's Hospital in the country and nationally ranked in all 10 sub-subspecialty areas evaluated by US News and World Report.
Through the Creighton University School of Medicine (CUSOM), the DHMG Division of Womens Health, Obstetrics and Gynecology will continue to provide educational enhancement to medical students who rotate through the St. Josephs Hospital campus in sunny Phoenix, Arizona. St. Josephs Hospital currently provides educational instruction to over 35 OBGYN, Medicine, Family Practice, and Surgery residents, as well as a robust Physician Assistant Program.
The Creighton University MIGS Fellowship program, through the AAGL Fellowship Program, partnered with St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, fully trains our pelvic surgeons in MIGS. While the main focus of our practice has been the care of patients with chronic pelvic pain including the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis, pelvic congestion syndrome, extensive pelvic adhesive disease and pudendal neuralgia, there has been continued growth and expansion into our Sexual Health and Healing Program in the Dignity Health Cancer Institute (DHCI). Our comprehensive program will continue to expand under the next Directors leadership and vision.
This is a faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor, and will be tenure track or fixed-term, dependent on the candidate's qualifications. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated individuals with strong leadership and communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- (Non)Surgical management of simple and complex gynecologic disorders, chronic pelvic pain, and chronic vulvar pain
- Surgical consultation for complex gynecologic disorders (Class III obesity, stage IV endometriosis, uterine size > 25 weeks, complicated medical/surgical history);
- Shared specialty GYN call and subspecialty MIGS call; no obstetric responsibilities save the CPAS Disorder cases.
- Core faculty for the MIGS fellowship and the OB-GYN residency program
- Clinical, operative, didactic, and simulation education for fellows, residents, and medical students
- Participation in quality improvement initiatives
- Oversight and assurance of unit protocols, policies, and quality measures
- Contribution to clinical research projects
- Mentorship of fellows, residents, and medical student, including research projects
- Commitment to serving patients from diverse racial, gender, and financial backgrounds
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- An MD/DO degree with successful completion of a 4-year ACGME approved residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology and an AAGL approved fellowship training in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery are required.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Obstetrics and Gynecology, as determined by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- A track record of strong clinical and surgical competence and experience in treating women with chronic pelvic pain will be given special consideration. Experience in an academic medical center is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent qualifications and letters of recommendation are required.
What We Offer:
- CME Benefits
- Relocation and Sign-on Bonuses
- Competitive Salary with an Excellent Benefits Package
- Fully-funded Pension in addition to 403(b) contributions
* Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We work to maximize opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We value and encourage cultural and intellectual diversity and strive to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all faculty, staff and students which we believe is critical to our success as a community. All individuals who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Dignity Health, one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation, is a growing organization with well-resourced, modern facilities and diverse practice opportunities. With more than 39 acute care hospitals in three states and 9,000 physicians, Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves.
Dignity Health Medical Group is the employed physician group serving the Arizona Service Area. Covering over 45 practice sites, complementing clinical services with translational and bench research, our integrated medical group employs in excess of 250 healthcare providers throughout the valley. Dignity Health Medical Group is continuously expanding in order to meet the needs of the growing patient population in Arizona. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization.
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners, and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizonas Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nations highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves, and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl
- Home of the Phoenix Open and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The Best Mexican Food North of the Border
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Childrens Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet, and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Healths St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center - home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.