Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking an AVP Service Line Administrator (Neurosciences) (Full-Time), to join our Nemours team in Central and Northeast Florida.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 130-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve; we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the state.
Nemours Children's Health Orlando's Hematology and Oncology program at Nemours Children's Hospital has been rapidly growing, offering comprehensive care for children with Cancer, with a dedicated neurooncologist for care of children with tumors of the brain and spinal cord, a cancer survivorship program, and the largest offering of cancer clinical trials in Central Florida. Nemours Children's Health has Central Florida region's largest multidisciplinary program in Sickle Cell anemia and is complemented by programs supporting care of children with Hemophilia and rare blood disorders. Supported by a team of nationally prominent Interventional radiologists, Nemours Children's Health is the lead program for management of complex Vascular anomalies in the Central Florida community.
Nemours Children's Health Jacksonville is a large multi-disciplinary pediatric practice with a large Pediatric Hematology and Oncology division and offering a complete range of services for children with cancer and blood disorders including the states only therapeutic MIBG program, a cellular therapeutics program in conjunction with Mayo clinic, a federally funded Hemophilia treatment center and a very large sickle cell program. We are the exclusive providers of Hematology/ Oncology care at Wolfson Children's Hospital in Jacksonville, a 280 bed free-standing children's hospital. Together we represent the largest pediatric H/O program in the state of Florida and also have a very active Hematology/Oncology research program. Together we represent the largest pediatric Hematology and Oncology program in the state of Florida and also have a very active Hematology/Oncology research program.
The AVP Service Line Administrator would partner with the service line medical director and works in close partnership with Florida Neuroscience Chiefs, Administration and Nursing Leaders to maintain a strategically focused service line, which supports the system's mission and values, in an organized, innovative, and cost-effective manner. Provides effective oversight for programs, services, and staff under the service line structure. Works with Strategy and Business development to identify and implement business development opportunities across the service line to successfully meet growth objectives and goals. Oversees Neurosciences service line operational, strategic, donor, and research/grant finances and revenue management.
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain a statewide-integrated organizational structure for the Florida Neurosciences Service Line, as well as system wide initiatives, both within Nemours Children's and with partner institutions
- Provide overall strategic and business management of the Florida Neurosciences service line with short-and long-term growth objectives and detailed tactical initiatives, while working in close partnership with key administrative, nursing and physician stakeholders.
- Monitor and report critical business and strategic success factors for the Florida Neurosciences service line including:
- Financial indicators (productivity, price/cost, volume, contribution margin)
- Customer satisfaction
- Business development (market share, utilization and outmigration trends, referral patterns, managed care positioning)
- Compliance with budgetary and fiscal goals
- Growth & strategic targets (outreach, program development, recruitment, philanthropic, and partnership efforts)
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating programs to promote the recruitment, retention, professional development, and continuing education of all service line staff. Develop service line staffing plans and provide for human resource needs.
- Resource planning and coordination on facility usage, staffing and capacity allocation. Coordinate master facility and renovation projects as needed.
- Be accountable for all aspects of the service line strategic, capital and donor funding. Specific duties include:
- Development of annual operating and capital budgets and oversight of performance relative to budget; ensuring spending in accordance with enterprise financial goals and agreed upon sources and uses of funding.
- Preparing quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports on goal achievement and spending for the senior leaders
- Preparing projections of future spending and maintaining detailed records of past spending
- Ensure development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services. Assure compliance with the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization and other relevant accreditation or regulatory agencies.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a service line wide quality improvement and safety monitoring plan in partnerships with physician and nursing leaders.
- Participate in the development and implementation of an annual marketing/PR plan for the service line.
- Serve as key contact point for operational, strategic, and business issues related to the Florida Neurosciences service lines including regular interaction and communication with the following leaders:
- Chief Medical Officers in Jacksonville and Orlando
- VP and Florida Administrator
- Site Practice Administrators in Jacksonville and Orlando
- Department Chairs in Jacksonville and Orlando
- Partnership Leaders (Wolfson Children's Hospital, Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center)
- Strategy & Business Development
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Academics & Research
- Physician Services
- Managed Care
- Human Resources
- Facilities Planning
- Senior leadership
- Other service line and department leaders
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor's Degree in business or health administration is preferred.
- Post-graduate degree in business and/or health-service field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in program development and/or administrative healthcare experience required.
- Physician Practice Administrative experience preferred.
- Experience in Pediatrics preferred.
- Travel is required between the Orlando and Jacksonville locations.