All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Team Based Nursing Model*
Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
The West Florida Division Document Imaging Supervisor under the general supervision of the WFD Manager of Document Imaging is responsible for coordinating the work flow processes to convert the patient medical record from paper media to Electronic Medical Record (EMR) allowing for timely access for patient care, financial processes, quality, educational, and research purposes for the West Florida Tampa Region. Monitors the Health Information Management (HIM) Document Imaging (DI) staff to ensure the timely process of record prepping, scanning, quality control, and validation. The Document Imaging Supervisor will have direct oversight to the Chart Recovery Specialists and Document Imaging Specialists within the West Florida Division Tampa region. The Document Imaging Supervisor is a health information management professional with a high level of document imaging knowledge and clinical proficiency necessary to ensure the integrity of the medical record is maintained in systematic and standardized manner throughout the West Florida Division. Other responsibilities include ensuring the timely and consistent delivery of document images scanned to the designated location to meet HIMSS level 7 requirements for each facility and collaborating with departments that may provide imaging services or chart recovery for timely imaging and storage of documents.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Assigns and monitors all job duties in the Document Imaging process. Advises the WFD Document Imaging Manager of issues and problems which hinder the efficiency of the process.
• Maintains the online Document Imaging Reference materials in conjunction with Education Coordinator (excel file) to ensure DI staff have the proper documentation to reference for document type identification.
• Trains and educates Document Imaging staff on processes for prepping, scanning, quality control (QC), validation, Power Chart validation, and importing electronic documents. Updates DI staff when new forms are implemented.
• Responsible for Document Imaging equipment maintenance and supplies.
• Conducts Power Chart validation monthly and reports results to HIM Document Imaging Manager
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel and OneNote.
• Troubleshoots, possesses analytical and comprehension skills of technical information.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communications, and multi-tasking skills required.
• Knowledge of HIPAA required.
• Critical-thinking skills
• Extensive knowledge about document imaging process which includes chart recovery, scanning of data, validation and quality control of images
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to analyze complex clinical scenarios and apply critical-thinking skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associate of Science Degree in Health Information Management with RHIT registration or RHIT eligible with certification within six months of hire date.
• Minimum one (1) years previous medical record experience or clinical internship required.
• Previous management, supervisory, or lead experience required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.