Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, Idaho is seeking a Full-time Certified Surgical Tech to join our Orthopedic Surgery Center Team!
Schedule: 4 (10) hour shifts per week- hours and days vary based on surgery schedule. No weekends, holidays or call. Varied days and varied starts times from 0530 to 0800.
*Sign-On Bonus Offered for position!
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
The orthopedic surgery center at River Street is a free standing surgery center. We offer all types of ambulatory procedures from the simplest to the most complex repairs of the shoulder/knee/elbow/wrist/hand/foot/ankle. We have a highly skilled orthopedic-focused team of RNs/CSTs/SPDs and office staff to serve our patients, physicians, and each other in a comfortable and focused environment.
The Certified Surgical Technologist is responsible for identifying and securing instrumentation and equipment needed for invasive procedures and demonstrating proficient use and implementation of the same.
- Performs pre-operative procedures such as selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Assists surgeon and designated assistants in invasive procedures, passing instruments and supplies and anticipating the needs of the surgical team.
- During the surgical procedure provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies.
- Helps prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis and helps apply dressings.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and microbiology.
- Applies knowledge related to emergency situations and surgical procedures in the operating room.
- May develop, organize and deliver continuing education topics and/or training (in-services).
- May assist in precept of students and new staff.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Certificate or Degree from a Surgical Technology Program
- Experience: None
- Licenses/Certifications: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) by National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) OR Tech in Surgery - Certified (CST-NCCT) by National Center Competency Testing (NCCT)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Boise, Idahdo
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.