Atlantic Health System is seeking a Per Diem Phlebotomist for Pre-Admission Testing and Screening at Overlook Medical Center. 10 am - 6 pm shift, including every other weekend.
* Adheres to safety goals by using 2 identifier system, adhering to SofllD procedures, uses standard precautions and properly labels specimens, performs EKG's.
* Enters orders correctly, uses keyboard skills appropriately, orders the correct tests, does not omit tests that are ordered, checks the Overlook Laboratory and Mayo Reference, calls Laboratory Client Services when necessary, utilized correct downtime process, consults with co-workers with questions.
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibilities by maintaining adequate supplies and avoiding overage in cost of supplies, ls aware of time management and stays within the appointed time for meal and break.
* Keeps well stocked area, checks monthly and PRN for outdated supplies, completes daily assigned maintenance duties.
* Supports ongoing learning for self and others, mentor's co-workers, is available as a resource person, uses effective communication skills with co-workers and customers, seeks additional educational and/or learning opportunities.
* Participates in data collection, tracks time stamps for all patients accurately, avoids patient delays, and effectively manages time.
Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
Formal phlebotomy training preferred and
ASCP certification preferred
1 year experience in a hospital outpatient laboratory draw station or in a commercial laboratory draw station setting preferred.
Experience performing neonate and pediatric venipuncture
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.