Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105046260
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Under the direction of the Medical Directors and management staff, provides state of the art laboratory specimen testing, including phlebotomy, from neonates to geriatric patients ensuring patient safety.
Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
Other related duties as assigned.
1. Produces complete and accurate laboratory results.
2. Responds to test requisitions promptly, with attention to patientâ��s name, type of test and time of test.
3. Disposes of hazardous materials properly, immediately after use, per department guidelines.
4. Is attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
5. Notifies supervisor of work completion, and reports for additional assignments.
6. Demonstrates the ability to perform the following computer functions accurately:
â�¢ Patient Registration
â�¢ Ordering Tests
â�¢ Receipt Verification
â�¢ Results Inquiry
â�¢ Results Input
â�¢ Append/Correct a Result
7. Completes work left from other shifts, and strives to reduce any holdover procedures. Work pending is organized and appropriately left for follow-up.
8. Demonstrates the ability to coordinate simultaneous functions with complete accuracy.
9. Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to STAT orders or fluctuations in the workload.
10. Demonstrates the following skills regarding send out testing
â�¢ Take Phone Reports.
â�¢ Specimen Processing
â�¢ Result Inquiry
11. Demonstrates the ability to accurately, efficiently and safely perform venipuncture and capillary blood removal procedures. Completely conforms to guidelines in blood removal procedures.
12. Follows up on conflicting or irregular patient problems.
13. Demonstrates the ability to act as a reference for lab assistant, technician, and medical technologists personnel.
14. Dates, initials or signs all laboratory documents and computer entries as required; i.e., updating, result review.
15. Calls all critical or abnormal pre-op patient results promptly. Appropriately documents calls in computer.
16. Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and keeps working supplies stocked at the bench.
17. Follows protocol for running and reporting controls. Takes appropriate action in out-of-control discrepant or unexpected test results. Documents as appropriate.
18. Notifies supervisor of out-of-control, discrepant or unexpected results within expected time frame.
19. Performs proficiency testing accurately and timely.
20. Performs maintenance and calibration as scheduled, when asked and within set time frame. Documents as appropriate.
21. Recognizes and resolves problems, troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment/procedures and uses alternative methods when available. Notifies supervisor of problems as appropriate.
22. Demonstrates knowledge of medical technology and hospital policy and acts as reference for hospital personnel, physicians and patients.
23. Assists in employee orientation and training upon the request of a supervisor.
24. Demonstrates the ability to act as lead technologist in the absence of a supervisor.
25. Demonstrates proficiency in operation of automated instruments, particularly in the area of troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance.
26. Performs all other duties as assigned.
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain Clinical Laboratory Scientist license in the state of California and current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license. At least 1 year Microbiology experience.
B. Preferred Experience: Two years recent experience as a medical technologist in an acute care setting preferred.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Ability to act as supervisor in absence of higher supervisor.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.