Phlebotomist/Laboratory Assistant II 40 hrs Days and every other weekend and 2 major and 2 minor holidays *$2000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Location: Town of Natick, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 2105037318
$2K Sign-on Bonus, brings with it a 1 year employment commitment.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the department leader performs routine technical and clerical functions. Performs venipuncture, specimen receipt and distribution of laboratory specimens; will perform CLIA waived laboratory tests as requested. Provides care to patients of all ages with strict adherence to labelling and compliance policies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. TECHNICAL: CPA or Phlebotomy Desk: Enters patient data into laboratory information system. Resolves discrepancies and missing information, must be aware of all appropriate coding for tests and billing. Obtains medical history from patient and/or patient record. Produces labels, verifies information on all forms and directs specimens to technical area for processing. Distributes reports in a timely and accurate manner. Edits Lab requisitions for completeness and medical necessity. Performs all duties for sample processing. Includes centrifugation, pour-off, and distribution of samples to appropriate workbench/department within turnaround time parameters. Processes all reference lab send-out specimens. Has knowledge of proper specimen requirements and gives instruction upon inquiry. Obtains specimens: selects venipuncture equipment appropriate for test order; draws blood specimens using knowledge of basic anatomy. Monitors patient for negative reactions, and takes appropriate measures to allay patient anxiety. Label, process and pack samples according to manifest for transport to lab. Will perform waived testing, and assist in microbiology processing and plating specimens, as requested. Follows all SOPs.
2. COMMUNICATION: Answers telephone inquiries professionally and courteously. Provides information, directs calls, and takes messages. Assists caller in resolving problems when possible. Communicates with other Laboratory Sections. Responds to inquiries from physicians' offices, verifies or confirms patients' orders as needed. Greet patients and clients with high regard to patient experience and customer service goals.
3. QC/QA: Ensures that all information is properly entered into the computer to provide accurate results to physicians. Works with supervisors to resolve problems. Adheres to safety regulations and attends safety seminars. Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Prepares routine reports showing weekly statistics of test volume and patient waiting times. Maintains appropriate logs and records. Assures that written physician orders are in compliance per policies; renews physician standing order requests. Completes all competencies as required by regulatory agencies and institution.
4. DOCUMENTATION: Using the computer system, records patient information and blood specimen information as samples are received. Logs and tracks complaints and comments from accounts. Reviews MNO reports for missing/incorrect information and takes corrective action when necessary. Records results in the computer system, assuring that patient identification, test name, and results are accurately recorded. Completes all QA forms, recording errors, issues, and concerns, patient or physician complaints, and any other issues affecting patient care. Assists techs with review and follow-up of Outstanding Specimen Log. Prepares routine reports showing weekly statistics of tests requested by physicians and monthly statistics by test.
5. SPECIAL DUTIES: Takes and fills supply orders from offices. Orders and maintains supplies. Delivers STAT samples to the laboratory. Covers as a phlebotomist in other areas as needed. Participates in training of new employees.
1. Frequent standing, walking, and bending during course of duties. Concentrated attention required.
2. Frequent exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, reagents, or specimens.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Required: High school diploma or equivalent, 1 year of laboratory experience and/or completion of a formal phlebotomy training program.
2. Preferred: Completion of formal phlebotomy training program and/or national phlebotomy certification through ASCP, ANP, ASPT or similar. 2 years basic laboratory computer/lab information system experience.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Natick, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.