Helping people feel better isnâ��t just about the treatment we give â�� the relationships we create and the compassion we share are just as important. Carondelet hospitals make a difference in the lives of our communities and the lives of those we work alongside every day. We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment.
From your first day, youâ��ll be part of a group of some of the most talented nursing professionals united in a common goal to care for those in our community. Ready to work with awe-inspiring teammates who are dedicated to making a difference? Join us in going above and beyond.
Senior Radiology Tech Full Time Days Position Summary
Under the guidance of the Director, supervises activities of technologists/students working and/or rotating through the department including their discipline and performance while in that area. Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period. Other related duties as assigned.
1. Uses ionizing radiation to perform a variety of imaging procedures according to prescribed guidelines and approved protocols while adhering to radiation safety practices.
2. Monitors, maintains and promotes patient safety, quality images and delivery of excellent patient care, services and experiences.
3. Oversees equipment operations, maintenance, surveys and quality control activities to ensure regulatory compliance and equipment performance.
4. Performs department-specific orientation, onboarding, training and coaching. Provides input into the selection, performance evaluation, and disciplinary action of employees.
5. Maintains and promotes thorough knowledge of radiation safety, physics and techniques in the areas of fluoroscopy, general radiography, portable radiography, surgical and trauma radiography.
6. Monitors and maintains department specific inventory and resources to ensure availability, compliance and cost effectiveness.
7. Responsible for daily staffing and making appropriate decisions based on patient volume, needs, and skill level of employees. Develops staff schedules.
8. Facilitates required departmental adjustments to ensure productivity and cost effective delivery of quality care and services.
9. Monitors patient documentation for accuracy and timely completion.
10. Develops and maintains imaging protocols, core competencies and annual requirements.
THE SENIOR RADIOLOGY TECH FULL TIME DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Required: American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT (R) and Arizona Medical Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners MRTBE (CRT); American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider
Required: Graduate of an accredited radiologic technology program
Preferred: Associates Degree
Required: Three (3) years of clinical experience as a radiologic technologist
Preferred: Two (2) years of supervisory experience as a radiologic technologist
Job: Imaging and Radiology
Primary Location: Tucson, Arizona
Facility: Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.