Position Overview: At the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer/Medical Director, and in collaboration with the Laboratory Medical Director develops policy and directs and coordinates all laboratory activities. Additionally, has overall responsibility and accountability of the Laboratory. Exercises general supervision of Laboratory staff and supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
* Prepares, monitors, analyzes and maintains the annual operating and capital budgets.
* Provides and ensures the supervision of the clinical competency of all laboratory staff.
* Develops policies and procedures that align laboratory operations to the business goals of the organization.
* Ensures that the LIS system meets the Laboratory informational needs of the Group.
* Communicates institutional values, goals, and objectives to the staff and others and supports the staff in achieving them.
* Establishes a learning environment that encourages mentoring and coaching.
* Facilitates and promotes an interdisciplinary, collegial team approach to problem solving.
* Performs all Human Resource related functions such as interviewing, hiring, appraising, counseling and disciplining of all laboratory employees.
* Assures that the education and training needs of the Laboratory staff are met.
* Keeps abreast of all Laboratory industry standards and regulatory requirements.
* Assures compliance with all MKMG laboratory and NYS Department of Health policies and procedures.
* Ensures that standards are observed and incorporated into operational practices.
* Ensures that changes to standards are anticipated and that staff is prepared through adequate communication and training for those changes.
Qualifications and Education:
* Five years' experience as a supervisor in a laboratory setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of clinical laboratory policies and procedures needed to evaluate department and recommend improvement.
* Knowledge of personnel practices and theories to direct the operations of a Laboratory and formulate goals and objectives consistent with federal, state, and local guidelines. Knowledge of laboratory standards to monitor and evaluate work of technologists. Knowledge of laboratory equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and to determine needs and evaluate equipment for purchase.
* Knowledge of medical terminology to interact with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results.
* Knowledge of safety requirements to provide instructions and to recognize and correct hazardous conditions.
* Skill in performing a full range of laboratory tests.
* Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations.
* Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
* Skill in providing guidance and instruction to staff.
* Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
* Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
* Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision making to achieve organizational objectives.
* Ability to determine budget needs and maintain expenditures within budget.
* Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to staff.
* Experience with information systems, and proficiency in personal computer applications, i.e., word processing, spreadsheet packages.
* Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* BS Degree in Medical Technology or a related field.
* ASCP certification is preferred.
* NYS professional licensure is required.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount Medical/CareMount Health Solutions will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.