$40.00/hr - $40.00/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
Find your path in health care. When you join Banner Staffing Services, you join a team that puts patients first. You'll make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems and help make our patients' lives easier. Apply today.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed planned course of radiation therapy as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols and in accordance with standards of professional radiation therapy practice. Performs needed assessment, care and treatment planning for patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs radiation therapy treatments by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Operates treatment and treatment planning equipment to include simulation in accordance with departmental policy. Prepares treatments and administers prescribed doses in accordance with established policies. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures in accordance with established policies.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety practices. Ensures the safe receipt, administration, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials utilizing ALARA principles.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiation oncology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiation therapy procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of radiation oncology, nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients, caregivers and family members.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care as normally obtained through an Associate degree in radiation oncology or related field.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment relative to the area of work. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, and be safety conscious. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Previous radiation therapy experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.