Line Supervisor - Histology *10k Sign on Bonus* - Blue Ash, OH req68635
Position: Line Supervisor - Histology *10k Sign on BonusAvailable
Location: Blue Ash, Ohio
Schedule: Monday to Friday 12pm-830pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
JOB SUMMARY: Precisely and accurately performs and supervises the performance of routine and specialized histology techniques and procedures. Duties also include optimization of IHC protocol, reagent and supply inventory management, IHC study documentation and reporting, and training of colleagues in IHC procedures. Provides direct bench supervision for the daily technical and clerical workload. Responsible for maintaining standard operating procedure, quality control and approved quality assurance. Maintains the department and manuals to be ready for inspections on an ongoing basis. Coordinates and supervise Senior and bench level technologist as well as lab aides. Assures that the Histology and IHC groups produce quality work on a timely basis while adhering to all policies and procedures mandated by state federal and regulatory agencies. Performs all Administrative duties related to the department to include but not limited to: scheduling, evaluations, writing policies, validations, disciplinary actions, etc...
A. SUPERVISED BY: Director of Laboratory Operations
B. SUPERVISES: Senior technologist, technologist and lab aides.
C. WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Other Managers, Departments Director and Pathologists
- Required: Bachelors Degree
- Desired: Advanced courses in Business, Management or Science
- Required: 4-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist, with 1-2 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Desired: Previous supervisory experience in a high volume independent laboratory.
C. LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) - license as a Histology technologist and a supervisor and/or ASCP certification as a Histology technologist. Successful completion of pre employment proficiency screening exam and color blindness test. IAC certification preferred.
D. EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS:
- Proficient with light microscopy, microtome, tissue processors, stainer, embedding stations, IHC platforms and other laboratory specimen preparation equipment.
E. SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of LIS and PC network environment to include word-processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- Detailed comprehension of state, federal and professional regulations
- Ability to manipulate and analyze technical data
F. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Although a majority of time is spent in an office environment, infrequent exposure to both blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards may occur.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to physically, audibly, and visually perform all functions with or without
- Exercises judgments critical to patient care
- Concentrates for long periods of time during light microscopy
- Pays close attention to clerical and administrative detail
- Demonstrates a firm sense of professional ethics
- Works long hours at computer monitor
KEY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Microscopically reviews discrepancies found on daily Quality Control (QC) and abnormal review making recommendations to senior technologist for revised interpretation if necessary.
- Monitors technologist compliance with department quality assurance program as established by department manager and Department Director maintaining proper documentation of both technical and clerical errors.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Histology laboratory and supervision of
the technical and support staff. In conjunction with the Department Manager, ensures that all departmental policies and procedures meet the standards of current state and federal regulations.
- Provides technical feedback to staff regarding performance, documenting corrective action and reviewing cases at bi-headed scope as deemed necessary
- Works bench and provide backup for bench Histotechnicians/Histotechnologists in sectioning and staining
- Reviews follow up data making recommendations to Director for revised interpretive criteria as needed.
- Makes certain that all federal, state and other regulatory standards are followed .
- Effectively schedules staff to meet turn around time commitment of the organization making certain that work deadlines are met.
- Documents counseling of employees for performance deficiencies.
- Delegates' responsibilities to staff to assure effective workflow and proper cross training.
- Ensures proper hiring and orientation of new employee's personally supervising pre - employment testing procedures, department orientation and QC release.
- Disseminates information to staff regarding changes in policy and procedure affected by the management team or Medical Director.
- Participates in the safety training program of the company and makes certain that staff is properly trained
- Reviews performance of staff implementing progressive discipline when necessary.
- Motivates staff to perform both a quality and quantity of work consistent with professional standards
- Minimizes department costs by prudently approving vacation requests, reducing absenteeism, controlling overtime expense and operating within budgetary guidelines
- Maintains a department environment, which promotes cooperation between coworkers.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of professional ethics and immediately brings to the attention of the Department Director or Operations Director suspected errors that might impact patient care.
- Ensure proper time record editing.
- Ensure the technical quality, so that the Pathologists can adequately evaluate prepared slides.
- Ensure that all outstanding cases are reconciled.
- Attends company safety programs and documents attendance.
- Complies with all departmental and organizational rules and policies.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
- Other duties, as assigned by manager.
HIPAA SECURITY LEVEL:
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of education, knowledge, skills and/or experience necessary to proficiently perform the job. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
Internal Number: 68635
About Quest Diagnostics
We are an industry leader with a longstanding reputation for exceptional quality and stability in our market. We inspire action, illuminate answers, and advocate better health.
At Quest Diagnostics, we are dedicated to continuously improving patient health. We are the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, services, and information that patients and doctors rely on to make better healthcare decisions.
Each day, we impact the lives of millions, serving one in three American adults. Our continuous pursuit to discover and innovate enables us to create new solutions every day, many of which are now industry standards of care. Diagnostic tests influence about 66% of clinical decision making.