Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Essential Duties: Responsible for performing laboratory testing using approved standard operating procedures. Under the general direction of the Laboratory Director and/or a designated CLS, candidate will perform pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical procedures and analyses according to the California Lab Law and Regulations permitted for Medical Laboratory Technician to provide data for health maintenance, diagnoses, treatment and monitoring of medical conditions. Maintains quality control, quality assurance, and preventive maintenance in accordance with department policies and the Quality Assurance Program. Successfully operates and troubleshoots laboratory instrumentation and laboratory computer systems. 1. Perform and report waived and non-waived testing governing moderately complex testing
2. Perform phlebotomy and pre-analytic and post-analytic duties as needed.
3. Requires the handling of specimens, human fluid materials and reagents when performing testing procedures.
4. Requires pipetting and dilution skills for specimen/sample analysis.
5. Must be proficient in aseptic technique and perform isolation streaking.
6. Performs Calibration, quality control and patient correlation of reagents and instrumentations.
7. Ability to adequately judge specimen integrity for testing
8. Correctly verifies proper specimen collection, testing and labelling per lab protocol.
9. Requires on site supervision when performing moderate complexity tests by California licensed personnel according to California Laboratory Law and Regulations.
10. Analyzes clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures approved by the Laboratory Director or designee. Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
11. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
12. Crosschecks results for appropriate correlation and enter test results with accuracy.
13. Utilizes test reference ranges (including neonates, pediatric and adult) to determine reasonableness of test results.
14. Validates test results through correlation with test parameters (e.g. Hgb/Hct, anion gap, etc) and reviews raw data, instrument flags, and other appropriate testing parameters (e.g. dilute if results exceed linearity range) prior to reporting results according to established policy and procedures. Confirms testing on all Critical Values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of test results according to established policy and procedures.
15. Performs routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure. Performs and documents instrument function by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
16. Records all information required on department log sheets, worksheets, printouts.
17. Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
18. Releases or reports results per Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures.
19. Exhibits advanced problem solving skills.
20. Trains laboratory staff on proper techniques/procedures related to clinical laboratory practice as needed.
21. Performs other related duties as necessary, including coordinating and assisting in the work activities of Laboratory as directed.
22. Assists with maintenance and follow-up of technician training and competency assessments.
23. Participates in Proficiency testing required by laboratory CLIA regulations. 24. Participates in Laboratory survey process 25. Participates in Student /New Hire Training
Required: Associate Degree or equivalent in required science courses according to California Lab Law and Regulations for MLT. Must have approved and current CA state license (MLT).
â�¢ Computer application experience/proficiency preferred. â�¢ Meets additional qualifications and training requirements according to California Lab Law and Regulations for MLT. â�¢ Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. â�¢ Ability to write simple correspondence. â�¢ Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105019715
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.