The Med Lab Scientist 1 performs and monitors a full range of laboratory testing and analysis. Assumes responsibility for problem resolution, quality control, and required equipment maintenance with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
Performs laboratory tests in compliance with department procedures and all pertinent regulatory requirements.
Follows quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection control procedures.
Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting.
Accurately reports test results.
Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external customers.
Participates in laboratory projects and educational activities.
Demonstrates and educates laboratory principles and technical skills to others.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- LOCATION Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center Waco TX
- SHIFT - Evening
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - Generalist Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - ASCP - Blood Banking (ASCP-BB), ASCP-Chemistry Technologist (ASCP-C), ASCP-Hematology Technologist (ASCP-H), ASCP-Microbiology Technologist (ASCP-M), Molecular Biology Technologist (ASCP-MB), ASCP-Blood Banking Specialist (ASCP-SBB), ASCP-Chemistry Specialist (ASCP-SC), ASCP-Hematology Specialist (ASCP-SH), ASCP-Microbiology Specialist (ASCP-SM), Cert Histocompatibility Spec (CHS-ABHI), Cert Histocompatibility Techno (CHT-ABHI), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT): Must have one of the certifications listed above from one of the following issuing agencies: -- American Board of Histocompatibility (ABHI) -- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) -- American Medical Technologists (AMT) -- American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB) -- Grandfathered HEW Licensee.
Internal Number: 21001127
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!