To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Serving as workflow operational and / or quality assurance coordinator, this position reports to the Manager of Laboratory. This position is responsible for overseeing the quality management program and ensuring the Laboratory is compliant with all regulatory mandates within scope of responsibilities. Independently or as requested collects and summarizes various QC/QA data necessary for optimal workflow operations. Must be highly technically proficient in all areas of responsibility. Must be able to assist the technical staff in identifying, and resolving various technical and procedural issues when they arise. Working in conjunction with the Manager, provides oversight and support when necessary for special projects including but not limited to, method evaluation, instrument implementation and interface validation. Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives for these areas as well as developing plans for operational efficiencies. Participates in the investigation and documentation of Laboratory Safety Events as needed.
1. Oversees the Laboratory Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Technical Competency program.
2. Oversees the efficiency and quality of operational workflow, improving and revising technique as needed with consistent review.
3. Works with the Laboratory Manager to ensure that all Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures are kept updated and are in compliance with The Joint Commission, CAP and DPH guidelines.
4. Monitors various quality metrics such as turn-around time reports, percent positives, and others as deemed necessary. Ensures that the acceptance criteria for Quality Control testing are met.
5. Maintains and reviews the Quality Assurance / Quality Control records on a monthly basis to identify trends and suggests corrective actions if deemed necessary. Reports problems that require policy and/or procedural changes to manager and Medical Director.
6. Responsible for the coordination of Quality indicators, monitoring, and compiling of reports.
7. Provides general supervision for the laboratory in the absence of the Laboratory Manager and / or Assistant Chief Technologist to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the laboratory.
8. Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures across areas of responsibility. Ensures that procedures are appropriate and common for laboratories in which this practice is indicated.
9. Assists in the review, development, evaluation and writing of laboratory procedures, methods, and/or protocols.
10. Assists in evaluating, validating, implementing, and monitoring methods for assays considered or newly introduced in the laboratory.
11. Meets established deadlines for routine duties and special projects consistently.
12. Demonstrates advanced technical competency in areas of specialized testing, quality assurance, completion of laboratory based projects, continuing education presentations, and problem solving.
13. Review, writing, and editing of approved laboratory procedures and inputs into the development of new protocols, procedures, and the purchase of new equipment.
14. Demonstrates good time management in the performance of assigned tasks while working both productively and without the loss of accuracy.
15. Demonstrates a working knowledge of specimen handling and processing in all sections of the Laboratory.
16. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to be flexible in meeting changing staff and shift assignments
17. Identifies when an assay, procedure, or instrument is not performing as it should. Independently troubleshooting and solving most technical issues or problems.
18. Provides for the accurate reporting of laboratory results to ensure continuity of patient care by demonstrating computer, communication, and documentation skills. Can perform basic LIS troubleshooting functions to ensure efficient operation of LIS.
19. Demonstrates a professional attitude and approach to all work activities, to all personnel of the department and hospital, and to our customer base.
20. Works well with other team members to achieve success. Honest, fair and inspires trust as well as respect for others.
21. Demonstrates a commitment to personal career growth in the field by maintaining annual continuing education to improve leadership effectiveness and technical expertise.
22. Adheres to laboratory policies and procedures, hospital attendance and tardiness policies, and demonstration of mutual respect for all laboratory personnel.
23. Demonstrates a positive, open-minded, 'can-do' attitude. Represents a team perspective and a willingness to solve problems. Offers on-going constructive comments and open communication to maintain peak operational workflow, safety, and quality.
24. Develops plans for operational efficiencies for assigned areas, actively participates in departmental workflow meetings and initiatives. Provides input, analysis, and structure to the workflow process in an effort to streamline, improve, and optimize processes in areas of responsibility.
25. Provides support for special projects or assignments as needed. Performs other administrative duties within the laboratory section as necessary.
Bachelors of Science degree in Medical Technology or equivalent with MLS / MT (ASCP) generalist certification preferred or categorical certification in all areas applicable to role, or equivalent certification required. Master's degree preferred, not required.
Minimum of three (3) years experience working in a high complexity clinical laboratory required. Five (5) or more years experience preferred. Previous supervisory and / or workflow operations and / or quality assurance experience is preferred.
ASCP certification or equivalent required. Generalist MLS / MT (ASCP) certification preferred. Categorical certification in all areas applicable to role, or equivalent certification required.
Excellent communication and problem solving skills required. Working knowledge of laboratory regulatory guidelines. Efficiency in word processing applications, spreadsheet design and data analysis. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to work as a member of a diverse team is essential. Excellent organizational skills required. Proficient in word processing, database, and spread sheet applications. Proficient in computer software programs - Microsoft Office and Excel.