Performs high complexity histocompatibility testing and related functions including molecular typing, antibody monitoring, and flow cytometry that regularly require a professional level of knowledge to execute, interpret, and/or analyze. Participates in on-call rotation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited college or university.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by ASCP (or equivalent organization), or Histocompatibility Technologist by ABHI, or within 18 months of employment.
This position requires a theoretical or conceptual understanding of the techniques, methods, and instrumentation utilized in the modern clinical laboratory. Ability to communicate in an effective manner and work effectively with others, possessing tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Internal Number: 1054343
About Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
Ready to launch a fabulous career? Join a clinical team at its best! At Piedmont, we’re like a big family! We care about our employees so you can provide the best care for our patients.
What sets Piedmont apart?
• In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider
• Awarded AJC Top Workplaces for the past 4 consecutive years
• Our purpose is to make a positive difference in every life we touch
• Transforming healthcare with a one-of-a-kind, holistic patient-centric care experience
• Not a one-size-fits-all network providing growth opportunities at large & small hospitals across Metro Atlanta & North Georgia
• Not-for-profit, leading hospital system in cancer, heart disease, & organ transplants
• Dynamic team environment
• Excellent benefits
Making a positive difference is not just what we do, it’s who we are.