Responsible in performing Interventional, Neuro and Endovascular procedures to include technical, procedural and equipment performance, patient care and education, interfacing with other clinical departments, issue resolution, digital imaging quality and efficiency. Responsible for maintaining department relationships with Radiology Services partners, patients and referring physicians. Responsible for imaging procedure quality in thoracic, visceral, gastrointestinal, neurologic and peripheral intervention for vascular and nonvascular systems. Responsible for participating in regulatory requirements of assigned sections.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides invasive procedure assistance and digital imaging while performing duties such as embolization, tumor embolization, chemotherapy embolization, tumor treatment with radioactive elements, Intracranial stenting, intravascular stenting, limb preservation. Endovascular repair of Aortic aneurysms.
· Assists the Interventionalist while performing procedures, diagnostic studies, and treatments.
· Operates and monitors equipment, as required; hands instruments in proper order to physician; assists with suctioning and positioning patients, as required; provides emotional support to patients, as necessary.
· Prepares and positions patients, administers contrast media as directed by physicians, provides immobilization devices and radiation protection to patients and personnel in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
· Explains procedures and answers appropriate patient questions.
· Reports to the Registered Nurse reactions, results of procedures, and any changes observed in the patient's condition.
· Documents pertinent medical information where indicated. Maintains current knowledge on all interventional supplies.
· Identifies and defines all Neuro, Thoracic, Abdominal and Peripheral Vasculature.
· Operates digital imaging equipment and enters all pertinent data to IDX, Imaging Suite and Picture Archiving Communication System Imaging Management Systems.
· Obtain and reconstruct 3-deminsonal images and digital subtraction angiography.
· Performs quality control tests of equipment and notifies leadership and appropriate maintenance personnel of irregularities.
· Monitor dose reporting of high levels of radiation due to the length and complexity of the procedures.
· Ensure all equipment and supplies are properly cleaned and sterilized and in working order.
· Maintains patient scheduling grease board for procedures as well as follow up documentation.
· Shares responsibility for ordering interventional supplies and maintaining appropriate levels of on hand supplies.
· Responsible for all Quality Improvement documentation. Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and handling of non-controlled medications.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Medical Equipment Management (Mem), Diagnostic Imaging, Radiation Safety, Radiology, Communication Skills, Preceptor Skills, Radiology 3D, Radiology Interventional, Independent Work
Graduate from specialty training program in Radiologic Technology -Required
Radiology ARRT registered- Required
Advanced certification in IR, (VI) Vascular Interventional Radiology - Preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.