University Pathologists, an Aurora Diagnostics Partner, is recruiting for an experienced Medical Laboratory Technician with Flow Cytometry experience, to join our team in Fall River, MA. We are seeking candidates interested in a dynamic multi-specialty pathology practice, serving both inpatient and outpatient clients in three states, MA, RI and CT.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, and be able to interact well with clinicians, administrators and laboratory staff. The successful candidate should be a strong team player and have the ability to work independently. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to assist both the flow cytometry and histology laboratories with daily tasks.
Job Summary: Assists laboratory staff in routine tests used for the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Responsible for providing the pathologist with accurate and timely results of samples submitted for histologic and flow cytometric studies.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
Receives, verifies, logs and collects patient requisitions and specimens for technical testing.
Ensures the proper handling and identification of patient samples
• Maintains log of samples received for flow cytometric testing • Accessions samples by entering patient and specimen data into laboratory information system.
Process of flow cytometry samples for leukemia / lymphoma analysis
Consultation with pathologist regarding gating and performance of any additional markers
Notify pathologist immediately when a patient has a suspected new case of acute leukemia
Ensures quality of all antibodies used for testing through performance of lot-to-lot studies, and by performing controls as specified in the department procedures
Maintains a thorough understanding of the FACS Canto software, maintaining templates, as necessary
Additional training for instruments/software, as needed
Ensures that additional pathologist requests are performed by preparing, packaging and tracking of specimens sent for additional studies or consultation.
• Performs maintenance and cleaning of instruments and equipment, including tracking routine maintenance and quality controls. • Assists with validation of any new reagents or platforms
• Notifies manager of any issues with samples, instruments, reagents and/or software in a timely manner • Monitors inventory, giving accurate information for ordering reagents to the flow cytometry manager • Files, retrieves and distributes blocks, slides and pathology reports.
Responsible for maintaining state licensure by attaining at least the minimum number of CEU’s, and by applying for renewal in a timely manner
• Checks the websites of our reference laboratories on a daily basis for final reports for our send-out work (cytogenetics, FISH, etc.) • Prepares summation reports for bone marrow samples
• Operates, cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment, glassware, instruments and workstations. • Uploads finalized send-out reports to the corresponding Xifin case so they can be seen by the client in the portal.
• Distributes supplies to clients, as requested • Maintains strictest confidentiality. • Additional training for instruments / software, as needed
Complies with all State, Federal, professional laws and regulations, accreditation standards, laboratory safety, proficiency testing, quality assurance and quality control.
Complies with company and departmental rules, policies, and procedural manuals.
Adheres to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations
Performs other duties, as assigned.
At least MLT or equivalent (Specialty Technician or Technologist license in Flow Cytometry preferred).
Minimum of one (1) year of practical laboratory experience Eighteen (18) months training in flow cytometry preferred.
Internal Number: Adx0120
About University Pathologists LLC - Aurora Diagnostics
Aurora Diagnostics is a leading independent pathology services and cancer diagnostics company, offering integrated diagnostic and personalized medicine consultations and information technology solutions to physicians and hospital systems. Our pathologists provide diagnostic opinions and work collaboratively with referring physicians to determine appropriate patient treatment options. We also provide services to pharmaceutical companies and other research entities to support their efforts to develop new cancer treatments.Aurora Diagnostics operates 32 community-based pathology practices with over 200 board-certified pathologists. We provide services to a broad array of physician specialists, including dermatologists, obstetricians and gynecologists, family practitioners, gastroenterologists, urologists, general surgeons and oncologists.
Our client-centric approach to providing diagnostic services is driven by our belief that the practice of medicine and the delivery of healthcare are both personal and best delivered locally. With our extensive pathology expertise, we are able to support comprehensive integrated approaches to patient care.