Under limited supervision directs and supervises assigned personnel and daily activities of the laboratory section to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operations. Responsible for overall management of the section which includes recommendations on hiring, counseling and disciplinary actions of staff. Maintains statistical information related to section. Develops and monitors financial budgets, as well as quality assurance monitors to assess section performance and ensures established targets are achieved. Assists in the development and enforcement of practices to meet all operational and regulatory laws and standards including HIPPA. Participates in process improvement initiatives. Responsible for training, new employee orientation, competency assessment and evaluation of staff.
Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations. Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations JCAHO requirements, and DMC policies and procedures. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.#LI-JH1
1. Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science or Canadian degree in clinical discipline and completion of accredited Canadian technologist program.
2. Three to five years of progressively more responsible laboratory experience or two to four years of supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory.
3. Registered as a Technologist with the American Society of Clinical Pathologist, National Certifying Agency or equivalent
1. Analytical ability to define functional, unit or service procedures, to independently oversee the application of methods, guides, and processes, to apply sound judgment in choosing proper course of action among multiple options, to interpret policies, to assist in planning short to mid-range goals and determining measures, and to assess and monitor progress toward Laboratory Services goal attainment.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information or Laboratory policy. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the Service Centers and occasionally on an interdepartmental or inter functional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read and comprehend policies and interpret technical materials in the Laboratory area is necessary.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
4. Technical knowledge of laboratory operations and processes.
5. Working Knowledge of computer applications with special focus on word and spreadsheet applications.
6. Demonstrated understanding and application of process improvement skills and concepts.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905040656
About DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.