This position is eligible for a $3000 INCENTIVE for joining GHC!
(Referral amounts prorated based on FTE)
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW), Madison, WI, is seeking a Medical Technologist responsible for performing laboratory procedures as ordered by a practitioner. Responsibilities include: performance of lab tests from all GHC-SCW locations in any or all departments; performance of quality control, troubleshooting, and maintenance functions; collection of specimens; and other tasks as assigned. The position is also responsible for provision of technical support to Medical Laboratory Technicians, providers, and other GHC-SCW internal staff. The MT works under the general supervision and guidance of the Medical Laboratory Services Manager, the Chief Medical Technologist and/or the Medical Technologist – Lead.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related science is required.
2. Eligibility for certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP) is required. As a condition of employment, the incumbent must obtain certification within one (1) year.
3. Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
4. Knowledge of or ability to learn quality control testing procedures and practices is required.
5. Knowledge of current laboratory safety and hygiene protocols is required.
GHC-SCW is a leading insurance and healthcare cooperative. Join Us! Apply at https://ghcscw.com/careers.
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GHC-SCW considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Internal Number: 647
About Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) is a not-for-profit managed health care organization that provides the entire spectrum of health care services, including insurance, Primary Care and Specialty Care. GHC-SCW has a history of firsts including electronic medical records (through Epic Systems), smart phone capabilities, and Complementary Medicine.
GHC-SCW is committed to continuously improving the quality and safety of health care and the quality of services provided to our members. This commitment is reflected in GHC-SCW’s “Excellent” accreditation status, the highest level of accreditation granted by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCAQ), and in GHC-SCW continued regional and national recognition as a top performing health plan for effectiveness of care measures.