The Central Laboratory Director is responsible for the clinical and administrative functions in the Laboratory. This includes strategic planning, finance, marketing, operations, patient experience, quality improvement, regulatory compliance, and personnel staffing and development. The Central Laboratory Director also has general oversight for the technical and scientific oversight of one or more specific laboratory technical discipline within all Intermountain entities and the development and enforcement of system standard operating practices.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures that the Lab achieves and sustains excellence in patient safety, patient experience, quality, access, stewardship, and continually drives toward achieving One Intermountain.
- In collaboration with Clinical Systems and System Laboratory leadership sets the strategic direction for the Central Laboratory, including short and long-term objectives, goals, and success measures. Develops and oversees financial plans including operating and capital budgets and meeting established budget objectives. Identifies and explains budget variances and adjusts the budget as needed. Manages controllable / approved volume adjusted subtotal expense budget, volume adjusted FTEs, fixed department NOI, and region NOI.
- Creates Lab department goals and analyzes department needs while integrating with Intermountain annual goals and department vision to provide optimal care and service to patients.
- Oversees the effective management of human resource programs and ensures a competent staff. Coaches and mentors Lab leadership team and direct reports.
- Ensures achievement of Lab program and support service goals. Monitors and improves patient and client satisfaction utilizing available service metrics and national benchmarks.
- Responsible for Lab performance and compliance with patient safety initiatives, federal, state, and other regulatory bodies including CLIA, CAP, The Joint Commission, OSHA, CMS, DOPL and other department specific accrediting and certifying bodies.
- Acts as liaison with other laboratory directors and other leaders regarding the technical and scientific oversight of the specific laboratory technical discipline overseen.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with the Supply Chain Organization, Information Systems, and vendors.
- Remains up to date with industry innovations and makes recommendations for adoption in accordance with growth and technology strategies.
- Wage: commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time