The University of Maryland Capital Region Health (UMCRH), located in the suburbs of Washington, DC, has an opportunity within the Pathology Department of at Prince George’s Hospital Center for Medical Technologists.
Working under the direction of a Lab Manager, you’ll perform routine and specialized testing in support of patient care, following all standard operating procedures with minimal supervision. Correlate lab findings with disease states while also confirming abnormal results and resolving any discrepancies.
Additional responsibilities include reviewing quality control data; assisting with documentation; calibrating instruments; and performing preventative and corrective maintenance.
* Bachelor’s in Medical Technology, Biology or related field
*Current Medical Technologist (MT) certification
* Registered Medical Technologist (ASCP)
* 1 yr of experience in a clinical lab setting
* Basic knowledge and working experience with medical terminology
* HEW certified CLT
* Ability to write technical reports and procedures, synthesize and integrate data, summarize findings utilizing statistical techniques
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
UMCRH is the second largest employer in Prince George’s County, committed to serving our community for over 65 years.
As a member of UMCRH, you’ll receive a competitive pay & benefits while working in an environment that challenges and rewards you for your contributions.
Search for Job #2018-4618
UM CAPITAL REGION HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.