As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
1. Experience with manual Gel methodology. Able to perform routine and stat blood bank testing to include but not limited to pretransfusion testing, direct antiglobulin testing, eluate, antibody titration and sickle cell testing following established procedures. Able to troubleshoot test performance for unexpected results.
2. Experience with component modification to include but not limited to dividing, washing, saline replacement, thawing, pooling, irradiation and reconstitution following established procedures. Able to calculate accurate product volume based on patient weight.
3. Experience with SoftBank computer system is preferred.
4. Able to demonstrate exceptional customer service with phone, in-person and written communication.
5. Able to prioritize and respond accordingly to patient care requests.
6. Able to follow all hospital and departmental policies in regards to technical, administrative and safety guidelines.
7. Able to troubleshoot and maintain laboratory equipment following established procedures and/or instruction.
8. Attention to detail is essential.
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree with Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science concentration
Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP BOC). If not certified, must be registry eligible and successfully obtain certification within the first six months of employment.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is a pediatric health system of hospitals and specialty clinics serving children and families throughout the Delaware Valley and Florida. Our dedicated professionals integrate medical care, research, health education, and prevention to help improve the lives of children every day.