Reporting to the Associate Dean, Health Careers & Science, the Program Director, Medical Laboratory Technology is responsible for the overall management of Medical Laboratory Technology workforce training program. The Program Director provides students with experience in both a professional and educational setting. Fosters a networking and learning environment where students will have the opportunity to develop relevant work skills, earn academic credit, and advance in their professional careers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Oversees and manages the organization, administration, periodic review, planning, development and general effectiveness of the Medical Laboratory Technology program.
· Prepares and administers budget.
· Supervises and assess the performance of part-time faculty, instructional and support staff.
· Oversees didactic and clinical instructional processes including student evaluations and schedules.
· Ensures the program meets all necessary requirements to maintain NAACLS accreditation.
· Counsels and advises students.
· Coordinates development of curriculum and revisions.
· Prepares course schedules and makes instructional assignments.
· Markets program and recruits students.
· Participates in department, college and professional activities/events.
· Provides leadership in maintaining accreditation standards.
· Maintains required BCI and up to date immunizations.
Master's or Doctoral Degree
Must hold a nationally recognized ASCP-BOC or ASCP-BOC generalist certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist.
Minimum of three years of experience in a clinical laboratory science education that includes teaching courses, conducting and managing learning experiences, evaluating student achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
Must successfully complete a Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) Background Check to include fingerprinting, social security number trace, county record search, state search, and a check of Federal Bureau of Investigation records.
Demonstrated experience supervising, planning, assigning, scheduling and ensuring the quality of the work of others.
Internal Number: Req#765
About Cuyahoga Community College
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) opened in 1963 as Ohio's first community college and remains Ohio's oldest and largest public community college. For more than 50 years Tri-C has provided high quality, affordable education and programs to more than 900,000 members of our community. The College serves more than 55,000 credit and non-credit students annually and offers day, evening and weekend classes; classes via television, the Internet, and independent learning. The College ranks 1st in Ohio and 25th in the nation in conferring associate degrees - all disciplines.
Tri-C's campuses in Parma, Highland Hills, Westlake and downtown Cleveland, and its Corporate College locations in Warrensville Heights and Westlake, provide state of the art facilities and equipment. The College also opened a Hospitality Management Center on Public Square in downtown Cleveland in 2010 and the Brunswick University Center.
Thank you for considering Cuyahoga Community College for your next career opportunity. Since 1963 we have recruited outstanding individuals striving to support student success and community engagement across our four campuses and supporting locations in Northeast Ohio. We ar...e committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. The College is an equal employment opportunity employer.