Baylor Scott & White Health laboratory is hiring a Certified Histotechnician.
Our Certified Histotechnicians prepare specimens for microscopic evaluation and diagnosis by Pathologists. The Certified Histotechnician will have experience in specimen collection and triage, specimen processing, microtomy techniques, routine and special staining, frozen section technique and special specimen preparation including EM, cytology, etc. The Certified Histotechnician is also experienced in research and development of procedures to complete special projects, and is a leader who can provide assistance overseeing Histotechnicians, students and Laboratory Aides to improve performance and processes within Histopathology Laboratory. Other duties of the Certified Histotechnician include the following:
* Processes surgical and autopsy tissue for H&E slides and performs a variety of special stains to contribute to quality patient care.
* Performs routine embedding that produces proper orientation of the tissue; Microtomes tissue blocks to appropriate microns as needed; and maintains accuracy of blocks to slides readied for staining in accordance with existing procedures
* Coverslips stained microscopic slides meeting the average productivity measure as determined by the supervisor/section chief and operates the Sakura cover slipper proficiently.
* Cuts frozen sections within the 5-10 micron range to allow for use in routine diagnoses as well as in non-routine studies.
* Performs accepted computer procedures in accessioning all clinical, and regional clinic specimens in a timely manner.
The ideal Certified Histotechnician applicant will have excellent communication written and verbal skills, will be punctual, dependable, detail-oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Location/Facility - Temple, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
* High School Diploma/GED
o Preferred Bachelor's degree in a Clinical Lab Science, Chemical, Physical or Biological Science, or Associates Degree in Clinical Lab Science, or 60 semester hours of qualified science course work, completion of an approved medical laboratory training program.
* ASCP-Histotechnician preferred
Please See Above
Internal Number: 62897707
About Baylor Scott & White
As the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health was born from the 2013 combination of Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare. Today, Baylor Scott & White includes 48 hospitals, more than 1,000 patient care sites, more than 5,500 active physicians, over 44,000 employees and the Scott & White Health Plan.With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, Baylor Scott & White stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations.