Make Your Mark.
Being the best doesn't mean being the largest. It's a combination of a differentiating clinically relevant business model that adds client value while offering our employees the security of a stable, ever-growing company. It's no wonder that BioReference Laboratories has become one of the nation's largest diagnostic laboratories with subsidiaries that give us a global reach and a parent company, OPKO Health, which adds volumes to our stature in the healthcare industry.
We are currently seeking a Microbiologist (40 hours a week) in our expanded Campbell, California location. Convenient to San Jose and for those looking to relocate from the Davis/Sacramento area, our state of the art facility is embarking on an initiative to further enhance our California operation, including the expansion of our clinical laboratory, installation of new analyzers and re-launch of our microbiology department. Relocation assistance may be provided if needed.
Clinical Microbiologists at BioReference Laboratories are responsible for all patient testing, related quality procedures including, but not limited to specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing moderate to highly complex level of clinical tests and accurately entering results
- Overseeing preparation and testing of new reagents or controls and evaluating their usefulness
- Determining acceptability of specimens for testing
- Selecting and evaluating control materials and data
- Performing test calibrations and running Quality Control material
- Evaluating the acceptability of routine analysis
- Accurately performing and recording proficiency testing
- Initiating troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures
- Providing on-going technical guidance to Laboratory Assistants and instructing and training staff
- Performing preventive maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment
- Assisting Supervisor in management of department.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in medical technology or biological sciences from an accredited College or University
- California CMS license
- Demonstrated higher level of performance and accuracy than CMS I
Get to know BioReference and what makes us the preferred choice of laboratory personnel. We offer a competitive salary and a full range of outstanding benefits, as well as the opportunity to be part of an organization which is changing the laboratory diagnostics business model through innovative and disruptive technology that improves patient outcomes. Apply today at:
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer