Imagine… a career where the professional rewards are measured by the lives you touch.
Molecular Extractions Team Leader
LabCorp is seeking Molecular Extractions Team Leader to join our team in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
The Integrated Oncology and Integrated Genetics divisions of LabCorp are seeking a Team Leader to join their Molecular Central Extractions team! The Molecular Central Extractions department supports testing performed in the Molecular Genetics, Genomics, Molecular Oncology, and Clinical Trials departments.
- Assisting department operational leadership with overseeing daily laboratory operations:
- Coordinating the work of other testing staff in the department; prioritizing, assigning and reviewing work.
- Notifying management of problem areas or issues in the lab.
- Assisting supervisor in employee actions, including identifying and addressing performance issues.
- Acting as liaison with support departments on technical inquiries and test results.
- Attending regular management and staff meetings.
- Performing a variety of manual and automated DNA/RNA isolations in preparation of PCR-based molecular testing for a variety of genetic conditions, including cancer.
- Serving as a primary trainer of new staff for the department.
- Recognizing problems and initiating troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems.
- B.A. /B.S. in Biology or relatable life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math required.
- Previous experience with performing manual / automated nucleic acid isolations is preferred, but not required.
- Must have 7 years of experience in a Clinical Diagnostic Lab setting, 6 years at the Technologist level.
Learn more about our amazing opportunities and apply online at jobs.labcorp.com and apply to job ID: 69347.
LabCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.