Imagine… a career where the professional rewards are measured by the lives you touch.
Support Services Supervisor
LabCorp is seeking Support Services Supervisor to join our team in Gainesville, FL, Southaven, MS & Nashville, TN.
As a part of the LabCorp Support Services team in Nashville, you can be apart and connected to something amazing. Delivering world class diagnostics, bringing innovative medicines to patients faster and changing the way care is provided is the LabCorp strategy!
We are looking for a Support Services Supervisor who will be responsible for the management of a fast-paced, high volume pre-analytical department that prepares samples for medical lab testing. As the Support Services Supervisor you will provide onsite support during evening hours with limited supervision.
- Supervises most laboratory support operations in one or more of the following areas: Technical Services, Accessioning, Specimen Management and Referrals, data entry, results transmissions, customer services, switchboard, and administration.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative duties for designated departments/lab.
- Processes and maintains payroll records for the department.
- Responsible for assuring policies and procedures are adhered to and followed.
- Prepares laboratory specimens (e.g. serum, stool, semen, urine, tissue, etc.) for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
- Unpacks specimens from branches or ports and routes specimens by type to various staging areas. Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations such as staging of specimens, centrifuge, separate serum, and blood smears.
- Aliquots sample for departments.
- Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and document problem specimens.
- May also be assigned to Imaging requisitions, and capping specimen aliquots.
- Daily supervision of a mid- sized work group of 20+ direct reports.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in related field with 5-7 years of experience.
- Previous experience in a reference laboratory highly preferred.
- 2 years of supervisory experience and lab experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Balance Programs
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Employees' Savings Plan (401k)
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Career Growth
- Phenomenal LabCorp staff to help you every step of the way
Learn more about our amazing opportunities and apply online at jobs.labcorp.com and apply to job ID: 65390, 64564 and 64228.
LabCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.