With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, DC area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians.
- Performs specimen testing and analysis on patient samples to aid the clinician in providing patient care services.
- Ensures that all quality control, quality assurance and equipment maintenance is documented and maintained according to standards.
- Provides exceptional customer service as needed.
- B.S. degree required, preferably in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field.
- ASCP, NCA or ABHI certification required. Eligible candidates will be accepted and expected to sit and pass certification exam within the first 12 months of employment.
- One year laboratory experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet expectations relative to the purpose of the position and perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and/or ability required to perform this position successfully.
- Considerable and current knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of clinical laboratory science.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge with accuracy in the completion of complex tests.
- Problem-solving capability with the ability to assess accuracy of results.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free shuttle from Metro stations
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, DC, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The DC Metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries and restaurants. Employees live in DC, Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to apply online, please visit medstargeorgetown.jobs/MT
Equal opportunity employer.