Genetic Specialists are responsible for the technical and clinical support of Ambry’s clientele within a defined geographic region, including ongoing client education and engagement regarding our clinical offerings and the technology used at Ambry. The General GS focuses on the education and development of our client base in children’s and university hospital genetics clinics, and applicable specialty clinics (notably cardiology and neurology). The GS role is also responsible for key opinion leader (KOL) development, clinical collaboration with key customers, and adoption of testing services in targeted, appropriate markets. The GS department supports the sales team in new and existing client interactions. Additionally, the GS role interfaces with many internal departments, serving as a technical liaison between the client and marketing, clinical lab, accessioning, reporting, and others.
Location Preferred: Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, or Indianapolis
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate and train our client base in a defined territory with a focus on our cardiology, neurology, and clinical genomics testing menus
- Engage clients in Ambry-centered clinical and technical conversation at scheduled meetings, on phone calls, over WebEx, or via email communication; working and communicating closely with the corresponding account manager to service clients
- Field case-specific questions from clients, serving the client in a clinical support capacity
- Travel (roughly 50% of the time) throughout the territory to interact live with clients and to staff regional and national tradeshows to provide clinical expertise at the exhibition space and to attend educational events regarding the subject matter of the conference.
- Participate in academic/research community by writing abstracts, creating posters, and presenting Ambry-specific data at regional and national conferences
- Deliver meaningful presentations about the clinical utility of genetic testing and Ambry’s offered solutions to clients and prospective clients
- Recognize areas for improvement based on client interaction and voicing them back to management - including new test options, new gene inclusions/exclusions, training needs, marketing ideas, educational ideas, and overall improvement to the Ambry brand