With minimum supervision, technologist will operates the computerized axial tomography unit to produce accurate diagnostic examinations and interventional procedures. Assist in other areas of the radiology department when available in a friendly and helpful manner.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
Maintain consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
- Perform warm up and fast cals on C.T. scanner for preparation of daily scans. Twice a week quality assurance will be required to be performed. QA is to be performed as needed or by Night Techs routinely. CT Imaging Tech II Lead Tech must be able to perform all QA functions as needed.
- Prepare oral and rectal contrast agents for the anticipated days studies, check and maintain contrast warmer stock
- Plan and delegate daily flow of patients through department. Treat each patient in a professional and courteous manner, identify patient using two patient identifiers, check chart on all inpatients for orders, allergies, blood work, etc. Get appropriate histories, perform scan according to department protocols, complete Handoff Communication Sheet, and check each exam with the radiologist if required.
- Archive and store patient data to PACS. Have a general understanding of the ideals and premises of PACS. Be able to manipulate, move images, annotate, and QA exams proficiently. Follow PACS downtime procedures when needed. Report any problem or issue to the PACS Administrator or his designee.
- Maintain departmental supplies to include obtaining items as needed from Pharmacy, Central Supply, and/or Material Management. Technologist must be able to order, receive, and store supplies in an organized manner.
- Organize, coordinate and perform biopsies proficiently with the radiologists or referring physician and pathologists.
- Observe patient for unusual reactions or events and properly report event to Radiologists, department nursing staff, or Emergency Room nurse or physician.
- Observe radiation, personnel, and patient safety measures. Technologist will use appropriate A.L.A.R.A. protocols on all patients. Special emphasis is required to pediatric patients in regards for dose reduction techniques provided. Associate must wear personal monitoring device
- Be able to perform CT angiography, volume reformats and perform all workstation functions adequately.
- Report erratic operation of equipment to Director/Manager/CT Coordinator and/or Bio-medical personnel.
- Must be able to work any shift as required as well as holidays.