This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Clinical Applications Specialist I. The Clinical Applications Specialist (CAS) is part of a multidisciplinary team that supports the equipment and middleware integration process from order to go-live in the laboratory environment. This includes implementation activities, on-site instrument and middleware/workflow training, parameterization, rules development/testing, and support to realize an efficient and successful customer integration of the Sysmex solution as the primary laboratory consultant from a technical perspective. Also supports sales objectives by providing field technical support, serves as a technical consultant to existing and new customers, executes advanced training workshops, serves as the local resource for troubleshooting and resolving performance problems as part of customer retention activities. The ideal CAS has experience and background in both the laboratory and IT environment and is strong in Hematology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implement Sysmex instruments, middleware and reagents into customer sites/laboratories: Plan the implementation process. Work with customer to take ownership of the instrument. Assist customer with meeting their regulatory and validation requirements. Provide appropriate training for the customer on newly installed instruments. Manage the integration process to meet customer expectations and timeline.
2. Perform troubleshooting on issues related to reagent, middleware or instrument performance designed to improve customer self-sufficiency: Investigate problems; diagnose probable causes; systematically eliminate alternatives; provide solutions. Recognize and communicate product issues, complaints and potential improvements.
3. Develop and implement training programs (workshops and onsite training) for customers and Technical Services to maintain desired levels of customer satisfaction and referenceability
4. Manage time, territory and accounts effectively; use computers to document activity; take initiative to make changes to improve how work is done, focus on process improvement; promote customer satisfaction; support sales objectives and organizational directives; provide data to the organization on customer use/preferences leading to customer driven design/customer usability. Responsible for identifying and communicating critical gaps, product issues, complaints, and recommend potential improvements to the installation and implementation process. Responsible for supporting the systems assigned to their territory and greater geography to meet business demands. Accomplish results individually and in collaboration on teams and work groups.
5. Provide technical information to direct management/peers and other functional groups. Proactively address and support sales objectives and organizational directives.
6. This individual must possess strong interpersonal, persuasive, problem solving and communication skills. The individual must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, can-do attitude and strong desire to set and achieve goals.
7. Provide both pre-sale and post-sale support. Pre-sale support includes delivering technical presentations, support of Sysmex Express and instrument Demos, working trade shows, and performing evaluations as necessary. Post-sale support includes standard of work, capturing revenue through the ICN process, and customer retention activities to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction.
8. Requires extensive travel, up to 80%, on short notice.
9. Responsible for managing company assets and expenses within company guidelines.
10. Other duties as requested
Bachelors' Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science required and 5-7 Years Experience (Supervisory experience highly desirable)
Medical Technologist degree.
Experience with LIS, HIS or WAM preferred.
Working knowledge and solid CLIA/COLA experience necessary.
Strong Hematology experience preferred.
Active ASCP or CLS certification required.
Microsoft Office Suite; LIS, HIS or WAM experience.
Strong written and oral communications skills required. Highly visible position to the external customer requiring extensive interpersonal contact. Professional conduct necessary at all times even under stressful conditions.
Strong presentation and persuasive skills highly desirable.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.