About Position: The Laboratory Scientist is responsible for the professional and efficient daily operation of the Clinical Laboratory which involves the ability to perform quality laboratory testing per established protocols, interpret the results and efficiently and accurately report these findings to the requesting member of the Medical Staff. He/she is responsible for the maintenance of a fully operational laboratory environment that will permit rapid, reliable laboratory results which will contribute to a safe environment for the patient and a high standard of quality care.
Education: Must possess a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university. Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Medical Technology.
Licensure: Must possess a current State of California Clinical Laboratory Technologist License. American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) Registrant.
Experience: Two years prior Medical Technology experience preferred.
Additional Salary Information: • Competitive salary
• Relocation and sign-on bonus available
• FIVE weeks paid time off (PTO)
• An outstanding bundled Insurance plan, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Major Medical accrual (for when you’re sick or injured)
• Retirement Plan program that matches 30% of your contribution
• Annual Success Sharing program for employees and management
• Loan repayment opportunities for qualifying clinicians through the California State Loan Repayment Program and Nurse CORPS
• A great employee meal plan at the hospital’s Cares Café
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and childcare (Pre-tax savings!)
• Supplemental Insurance program (AFLAC)
• Pay differentials for evening and night shifts
• Educational programs (never stop learning!)
• Tuition reimbursement program (we think school is cool)
• A great Wellness program to inspire you to keep fit, including an on-site workout room, and Athletic Club discounts
Seeking an escape from the rat race? Join us at Mammoth Hospital in the beautiful Eastern Sierra mountains! Rather than sitting in traffic, imagine bookending your workday with a run down the ski slopes or a hike along any one of the dozens of mountains that surround Mammoth Lakes. Living in Mammoth Lakes places you in the middle of world class skiing, hiking, rock climbing, road and mountain biki...ng, and fishing. Plus Mammoth Hospital is only 45 minutes from Yosemite National Park. With less than 400 staff members, Mammoth Hospital has a familiar, easygoing atmosphere. Our staff here agree, it’s truly a great place to work-- ranking in the 98th percentile for hospital staff satisfaction. Mammoth Hospital is a patient-centered, quality driven district hospital, one of only three California hospitals to earn a Five-Star CMS rating for Patient Satisfaction. With 17-beds, this forward-thinking Critical Access Hospital and Rural Health Clinic is one of the founding members of the National Rural Accountable Care Organization. Its advanced technology, modern facilities, and superb medical staff are highly valued resources in the community.